Wikipedia:Ik bruuk Hülp/Archiv/2014

Vun Wikipedia

Reminder[Bornkood ännern]

(Please translate this message so other people can read it. Thanks!)

The engineering department will hold office hours to discuss VisualEditor at these times:

Product Manager James Forrester will discuss VisualEditor and answer questions. Logs will be posted on Meta after each office hour completes. If you want to ask a question and cannot attend or do not speak English, please leave a message on my user talk page or send e-mail to me. Whatamidoing (WMF) 01:31, 10. Jan. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Wat för een Platt is Wikipedia op Platt? Ick kümme vum Suierland, vun Madfelle (Madfeld) vum scheiwen Euber. Dat is dündag een Ortsdeel vun Breilon (Brilon). Aber ick har ne hachdeutske Tunge, ick kan mant 'n bittken Platt vum Tauhören vun mein Va. Meine E-Mail is

Wikipedia is nich op en bestimmten Dialekt fastleggt. Ok de Dialekt von dat Suierland kann hier bruukt warrn. Aver dat sünd man en Handvull Lüüd, de hier mitmaken doot, un de sünd all ut'n Noorden. Un so kummt dat, dat de grote Deel Artikels op Noordneddersassisch is, ut de Ümgegend von Hamborg, Bremen bet Oostfreesland. --::Slomox:: >< 09:45, 7. Jan. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern] kann auch dringend jemand gebrauchen, der zumindest etwas den Sauerländer Dialekt kann; wir haben zwar schon einige Worte aufgenommen, aber scheitern schon an dem Problem, wie die Pluralformen gebildet werden, weil das nicht in dem Wörterbuch steht, das wir im Internet gefunden haben. --Joachim Mos 17:17, 18. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[Bornkood ännern]

I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.

The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.

Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).

However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.

We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.

Please join this RfC -- and share your advice.

All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.

You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.

We look forward to a constructive discussion with you, so we can make a more informed decision together on this important topic. Keegan (WMF) (talk) 07:47, 16. Jan. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Zedler-Preis 2014[Bornkood ännern]

ZedlerPreis motiv3.svg Zum 10-jährigen Jubiläum der Plattdeutschen Wikipedia letztes Jahr im April habe ich Euer Projekt für den Zedler-Preis 2014 vorgeschlagen.

Gruß, --Holder 06:00, 26. Jan. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Wees bedankt. Dat is doch en nette Saak :) --::Slomox:: >< 08:55, 27. Jan. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]
Facebook like thumb.png --Iwoelbern 09:00, 27. Jan. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]
Danke. Eastfrisian 19:30, 28. Jan. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

February office hours[Bornkood ännern]

Hello, everyone.

I wanted to let you know that there are two IRC office hours online meetings scheduled to discuss VisualEditor in February. Please mark your calendar if you are interested.

  • Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 1700 UTC
  • Sunday, 16 February at 00:00 UTC

See m:IRC office hours for time conversion links.

Logs will be posted on Meta after each office hour completes at [:m:Category:VisualEditor office hours logs]].

Please see m:IRC office hours for more information on how to join in.

Thanks! Whatamidoing (WMF) 01:00, 8. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Zugriffstatistik[Bornkood ännern]

Es gibt ein neues Tool zur Zugriffsstatistik:

Ich habe hier mal die letzten drei Monate für die Plattdüütsche Wikipedia ausgewertet: 11/2013, 12/2013, 01/2014. Leider werden da zur Zeit nur ca. 100 Artikel aufgelistet.

Wenn das Tool langfristig aktiviert bleibt, könnte man da mit der Zeit so etwas wie eine Statistik der am häufigsten gelesenen Artikel erstellen.

--Holder 19:50, 9. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Scheint ja nicht schlecht zu sein.Eastfrisian 20:31, 9. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]
Facebook like thumb.png --Iwoelbern 21:59, 9. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[Bornkood ännern]

On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.

We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.

You can read the announcement and the development plan for more information. Apologies for writing this message only in English. Thank you. Runa 12:30, 19 February 2014 (UTC)

Amendment to the Terms of Use[Bornkood ännern]

Audiodateien to Städer un Öörd[Bornkood ännern]

Moin. Bi dat INS op de Websteed gifft dat ju de plattdüütsche Landkaart, wo de hoogdüütschen un plattdüütschen Naams to de Städer uutgeven un de plattdüütschen vöörleest warrt. Gifft dat hier op disse Wikipedia jichtenseen Intress för düsse Audiodateien? Kunn een de op een sinnvulle Aard un Wies hier inboon? Denn kunn ik maal na de Rechten fragen, o. a. s. dat klaren mit de Verantwoordlichen. Dat gifft ju dat Wikiproject/Öörd, daar kann een dat ju implementeren. Un/or een kann dat an'n Anfang vun so een Stad-Artikel maken un een Uutspraak vun den Städernaam mit levern. Zylbath 15:25, 24. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Dat is op jeden Fall en gode Idee! Wenn wi de för Commons kriegen kunnen, weer dat en ganz feine Saak. --::Slomox:: >< 16:49, 24. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Traurige Nachrichten aus der Ukraine[Bornkood ännern]

Bei den blutigen Demonstrationen auf dem Maidan in Kiew wurde am 20. Februar der ukrainische Wikipedianer Ihor Kostenko getötet. In der ukrainischen Wikipedia gibt es eine Kondolenzliste. --Holder 15:26, 24. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[Bornkood ännern]

IEG key blue.png

I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.

Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make Wikipedia better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.

Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:

Proposals are due by 31 March 2014. There are a number of ways to get involved!

Hope to have your participation,

--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 20:44, 28. Feb. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Musiktitel: ick bruuk mehr shoes gesucht[Bornkood ännern]

Moin de Melodie is mi von freuer bekannt as en englischet Rockstück. Neu Gruppe hat doarvon ein plattdüütsch-englischet Leid von moakt. Mögliche Titel ist: Ick bruuk mehr shoes. Ick kannt bi youtube nich finnen. Wer helpen kann schrift mi an: Veelen Dank charly B

Wenn Du den Titel vun dat Original weest, denn künn dat woll hülpen. So seggt mi dat nix. --Iwoelbern 12:36, 2. Mär 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]
Wenn dat temlich aktuell is, denn is dat villicht en Bidrag bi Plattsounds wesen:
Funnen heff ik dor mit diene Angaven nix, aver villicht helpt di dat wat.
Anners musst du uns en beten mehr Infos seggen. Beten mehr Text oder den Naam von dat Original. --::Slomox:: >< 08:28, 3. Mär 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Proposed optional changes to Terms of Use amendment[Bornkood ännern]

Hello all, in response to some community comments in the discussion on the amendment to the Terms of Use on undisclosed paid editing, we have prepared two optional changes. Please read about these optional changes on Meta wiki and share your comments. If you can (and this is a non english project), please translate this announcement. Thanks! Slaporte (WMF) 22:55, 13. Mär 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Wikipedia:Zedler-Preis[Bornkood ännern]


Die Jury des Zedler-Preises hat die Plattdeutsche Wikipedia für die Shortlist nominiert! Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!! --Holder (Diskussion) 08:25, 26. Mär. 2014 (MEZ)

Facebook like thumb.png --Iwoelbern 08:46, 26. Mär 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]
Das ist doch schon mal was. Eastfrisian 17:35, 26. Mär 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Glückwunsch: Zedler-Shortlist[Bornkood ännern]

Die plattdüütsche Wikipedia
ist nominiert
ZedlerPreis motiv3.svg
für die Shortlist des

Wikimedia Deutschland.
gez. Dirk Franke (WMDE), 28.3.2014

Hallo liebe plattdüütschschreibende Wikipedianer: Herzlichen Glückwunsch! Wie Holder oben schon schrieb: Die Jury hat sich nach einer intensiven Diskussion dafür entschieden, die plattdüütsche Wikipedia für die Shortlist des Zedler-Preises von Wikimedia Deutschland zu nominieren. Die gute Nachricht: Wir freuen uns über die verdiente Wahl der Juroren. Gerne würden wir Euch zur Preisverleihung am 24. Mai in Frankfurt am Main einladen. Die schlechte Nachricht: wir wären Euch dankbar, wenn Ihr Euch halbwegs schnell auf zwei bis vier Personen einigt, die den Preis dann tatsächlich in Empfang nehmen können, und mir das ganze per E-Mail an mitteilt.. -- Dirk Franke (WMDE) 13:25, 28. Mär 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Hätte ich gerne gemacht, zumal ich auch in Frankfurt wohne. Dummerweise befinde ich mich an dem besagten Tag im Ausland. --Iwoelbern 23:03, 29. Mär 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Und die Nicht-Frankfurter? Unabhängig vom Preis gibt es ja auf jeden Fall Reise aus DACH und Hotel - das mit der Einladung ist in dem Fall wörtlich gemeint. -- Dirk Franke (WMDE) 17:40, 1. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Ich schreibe unseren dauerhaft Aktiven mal den Link auf die Pinnwand, um sie auf diese Diskussion aufmerksam zu machen. --Iwoelbern 19:51, 1. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Nicht, dass ich prinzipiell nicht will, aber erst einmal sind andere wohl eher dran mit der Ehrung. Dann weiß ich noch nicht, ob ich am nächsten Wahldienst habe (aber wohl erst ab 17:00 Uhr) und was heißt: Reise aus DACH und Hotel ? Anreise umsonst und Hotel umsonst ja wohl nicht, oder? Und vom tiefsten Ostfriesland irgendwie nach Frankfurt zu kommen ist so einfach man auch nicht (zumindest nicht mit der Bahn und Auto fahre ich so lange Strecken nicht). Wann wäre das überhaupt (über Tag - dann müsste ich vielleicht sogar einen Tag eher anfahren). Viele, zu viele Fragen. Eastfrisian 20:15, 1. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Zu den Details. es heißt Anreise aus D-A-CH umsomst (für Details siehe de:Wikipedia:Reisekosten) und bei rechtzeitiger Anmeldung Hotel umsonst. Die Veranstaltung ist Samstag Abend, 24. Mai im de:Westhafen-Pier um 19 Uhr. -- Dirk Franke (WMDE) 16:09, 4. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Schade. Ich habe den Tag darauf Wahldienst. Eastfrisian 20:11, 8. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Wat is denn mit de annern Lüüd? Is dor denn nu keeneen, de deelnehmen kann? Dat weer doch to schaad, wenn uns lütt Wiki nu al mol för so en Pries vörslahn is, aver keeneen an de Priesvergaav deelnehmen deit. --Iwoelbern 17:12, 9. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

+1!!!! -- Dirk Franke (WMDE) 13:22, 11. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Der Zedler-Preises plattdeutsche WP

Nochmal die Nachfrage, solange es neben dem Verantstaltungsort noch Hotelplätze gibt. Ich glaube übrigens hier sind einige Leute wirklich neugierig auf Euch und soweit ich weiß, würde sich auch die alemannische Wikipedia sehr freuen, Euch mal zu sehen und kennenzulernen. Herrje, einer? -- Dirk Franke (WMDE) 13:00, 23. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Ik kann dor ok nix maken. Hebb an'n 25. Mai Kunfermatschoon. Dor kann'k nich weg. Nütz ja nix. --Bolingbroke 12:58, 3. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Es gibt eventuell einen Vertreter: Bruker:Raboe001 bzw. WMDE-Präsidiumsmitglied Ralf Boesch hat sich bereit erklärt, die plattdeutsche Wikipedia auf der Bühne zu vertreten und im Falle eines Falles auch den Preis anzunehmen. Deshalb kurze Frage in die Runde: ist das okay für Euch. Oder wollt ihr ihm etwas mitgeben für die mögliche Dankesrede? -- Dirk Franke (WMDE) 20:38, 18. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Da sich ja sonst keiner meldet, ist das für mich so ok. Für die Dankesrede: Ich denke jeder von uns würde sich über die Auszeichnung freuen und bedauern gleichzeitig, dass wir aus unterschiedlichsten Gründen nicht an der Veranstaltung teilnehmen können. Eastfrisian 14:03, 24. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Moin leve Lüt, das ging bannig in die Büx, ich häv da nu en Pries, wo wütt you dat hin hoven. ik hav do am Weckend in de Wingst son Fotokurs. Tschüß --Ra Boe Klönsnack? 21:30, 25. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Changes to the default site typography coming soon[Bornkood ännern]

This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:

  • April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
  • April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live

This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.

For more information:

-- Steven Walling (Product Manager) on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation's User Experience Design team

hulpsiede funktioneert neet meer, Adminhilfe nödig[Bornkood ännern]

Kan een Administrator op MediaWiki:Helppage de URL weer in Hülp:Hülp veraanderen? Nao de leste update van de wiki funktioneert de link onder Mitmaken,Hülp in et linkermenu neet meer good. Op nds wiktionary gif et etzelfde probleem. Droadnaegel 20:28, 8. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Meenst du so…? --Iwoelbern 21:17, 8. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Jao, bedankt, dat is no weer good. Kanst du dat ook op wiktionary doon, of mot Slomox of Zylbath dat maken? Droadnaegel 21:59, 8. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Op't Wiktionary heff ik keen Admin-Rechten. Dat mutt annerseen maken. --Iwoelbern 00:12, 9. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Is dat so nu good? --::Slomox:: >< 09:01, 9. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Ja, nao n 'cache purge' op de veurziede is dat no good. Bedankt. Aoverigens is hier ok nog een probleem met Link FA en Link GA. Kiek in t archief van disse ziede bi'j een van miene veurige berichten veur een oplossing/lösung. Droadnaegel 19:00, 9. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Wirtschap <--> Ökonomie[Bornkood ännern]

Moi, Op nds wiktionary gif t ne kategorie:Wirtschap en ne Kategorie:Ökonomie. Ik bun Holländer, en denke dat dat etzelfde (=identiek) is. Wat denkt de 'native speakers' van Duuts Platduuts? Goodgaon, Droadnaegel 00:37, 20. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Ik persönlich seh dor ok keen Ünnerscheed … --Iwoelbern 01:35, 20. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

ok, bedankt. Ik heb et veranderd Droadnaegel 23:04, 20. Apr. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

No one needs free knowledge in Esperanto[Bornkood ännern]

Offenbar ändert die Wikimedia Foundation so langsam ihre Strategie bei der Förderung von Sprachversionen: in Zukunft gibt es wichtige Sprachen und weniger wichtige (An Esperanto Wikipeda does not advance our mission), siehe dazu auch den Artikel im Kurier auf der dewiki und die entsprechende Diskussion dazu. --Holder 07:02, 5. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Plattdeutsche Wikipedia als Quelle für wissenschaftliche Arbeiten[Bornkood ännern]

--Holder 10:53, 22. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Media Viewer[Bornkood ännern]

Greetings, my apologies for writing in English.

I wanted to let you know that Media Viewer will be released to this wiki in the coming weeks. Media Viewer allows readers of Wikimedia projects to have an enhanced view of files without having to visit the file page, but with more detail than a thumbnail. You can try Media Viewer out now by turning it on in your Beta Features. If you do not enjoy Media Viewer or if it interferes with your work after it is turned on you will be able to disable Media Viewer as well in your preferences. I invite you to share what you think about Media Viewer and how it can be made better in the future.

Thank you for your time. - Keegan (WMF) 23:29, 23. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Die Plattdeutsche Wikipedia gewinnt den Zedler-Preis 2014[Bornkood ännern]

Der Zedler-Preises plattdeutsche WP

Die Plattdeutsche Wikipedia hat gemeinsam mit der Alemannischen Wikipedia den Zedler-Preis für freies Wissen in der Kategorie II 'Community-Projekt des Jahres' gewonnen! Pokal, Preis und Urkunde hat wie angekündigt Raboe001 vertretungsweise für Euch in Empfang genommen und sind unterwegs zu Euch!

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!!

--Holder 16:23, 25. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Das ist schön. Damit habe ich nicht gerechnet, vor allem weil ja auch kein eigentlicher Vertreter von uns da war. Danke Raboe001 für's entgegennehmen und danke im Namen der Mitstreiter für die Auszeichnung. Eastfrisian 17:45, 25. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Herzlichen Glückwunsch für den Preis! Er ist nicht nur eine Auszeichnung für die Mitwirkenden der niederdeutschen und alemannischen Nakieksel, sondern auch ein Zeichen, dass ein Umdenken stattfindet, und kleinere Wikipedias nicht mehr als überflüssig betrachtet werden, sondern einen wichtigen Beitrag zur Verbreitung von freiem Wissen leisten. Schade dass niemand von euch nach Frankfurt kommen konnte. --Al-qamar 20:41, 25. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]


Moin leve Lüt, das ging bannig in die Büx, ich häv da nu en Pries, wo wütt you dat hin hoven. ik hav do am Weckend in de Wingst son Fotokurs. So jetzt mal weiter auf Hochdeutsch. ;) Ich war sehr überrascht das ich nicht nur die "sei mal da" Rolle hatte sondern wirklich auf die Bühne durfte um den Preis entgegenzunehmen. Ich fühlte mich stolz, da ja selber aus Otterndorf kommend, aber auch beschämd, das leider keiner der "richtigen" Plattianer Zeit hatte. Ich habe die Stähle jetzt erst mal auf dem Weg in die Wingst geschickt. Tschüß --Ra Boe Klönsnack? 21:42, 25. Mai 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

WikiCon 2014: «Call for papers»[Bornkood ännern]

Von Freitag 3. bis Sonntag 5. Oktober wird die WikiCon 2014 im Komed in Köln stattfinden. Während die äußeren Rahmenbedingungen immer mehr Gestalt annehmen, werden noch weitere Programmangebote gesucht. Wer gerne einen Vortrag halten, einen Workshop anbieten, eine Diskussion organisieren, einen Lighting Talk oder ein spannendes Thema in einem anderen Format anbieten möchte, ist herzlich eingeladen, sich auf der WikiCon Programm-Seite einzutragen. Das Themengebiet ist dabei völlig frei, solange ein Bezug zu Wikimedia-Projekten oder Freien Inhalten zu erkennen ist. Die Dauer der Angebote wird zur besseren Programmplanung einheitlich auf 45 Minuten festgesetzt. Bitte gebt einen möglichst griffigen Titel an und beschreibt in zwei bis drei Sätzen, um was es gehen soll. Bis zum 15. August 2014, also noch knapp zwei Monate, können noch Programmvorschläge gemacht werden. Natürlich wird es auch Raum geben für Ideen, die Euch erst später oder gar spontan auf der Wikicon kommen. --Holder 06:05, 19. Jun. 2014 (CEST) (im Namen des WikiCon-Orgateams)Beantworten[antern]

Media Viewer is now live on this wiki[Bornkood ännern]

Media Viewer lets you see images in larger size

Greetings— and sorry for writing in English, please translate if it will help your community,

The Wikimedia Foundation's Multimedia team is happy to announce that Media Viewer was just released on this site today.

Media Viewer displays images in larger size when you click on their thumbnails, to provide a better viewing experience. Users can now view images faster and more clearly, without having to jump to separate pages — and its user interface is more intuitive, offering easy access to full-resolution images and information, with links to the file repository for editing. The tool has been tested extensively across all Wikimedia wikis over the past six months as a Beta Feature and has been released to the largest Wikipedias, all language Wikisources, and the English Wikivoyage already.

If you do not like this feature, you can easily turn it off by clicking on "Disable Media Viewer" at the bottom of the screen, pulling up the information panel (or in your your preferences) whether you have an account or not. Learn more in this Media Viewer Help page.

Please let us know if you have any questions or comments about Media Viewer. You are invited to share your feedback in this discussion on in any language, to help improve this feature. You are also welcome to take this quick survey in English, en français, o español.

We hope you enjoy Media Viewer. Many thanks to all the community members who helped make it possible. - Fabrice Florin (WMF) (talk) 23:54, 19. Jun. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

VisualEditor global newsletter—June 2014[Bornkood ännern]

This is a one-time mailing to projects that may need this information. Future newsletters will be available as opt-in only. To receive future newsletters (about one per month), please add your page to the subscribers' list at m:VisualEditor/Newsletter. You're welcome to translate to your language.

The character formatting menu

Did you know?

The character formatting menu, or "Text gestalten" menu lets you set bold, italic, and other text styles. "Clear formatting" removes all text styles and removes links to other pages.

Do you think that clear formatting should remove links? Are there changes you would like to see for this menu? Share your opinion at

The user guide has information about how to use VisualEditor.

The VisualEditor team is mostly working to fix bugs, improve performance, reduce technical debt, and other infrastructure needs. You can find on weekly updates detailing recent work.

  • They have moved the "Tastaturkürzel" link out of the "Seitenoptionen" menu, into the "Hülp" menu. Within dialog boxes, buttons are now more accessible (via the Tab key) from the keyboard.
  • You can now see the target of the link when you click on it, without having to open the inspector.
  • The team also expanded TemplateData: You can now add a parameter type "date" for dates and times in the ISO 8601 format, and "boolean" for values which are true or false. Also, templates that redirect to other templates (like {{citeweb}}{{cite web}}) now get the TemplateData of their target (bug 50964). You can test TemplateData by editing mw:Template:Sandbox/doc.
  • Category: and File: pages now display their contents correctly after saving an edit (bug 65349, bug 64239)
  • They have also improved reference editing: You should no longer be able to add empty citations with VisualEditor (bug 64715), as with references. When you edit a reference, you can now empty it and click the "use an existing reference" button to replace it with another reference instead.
  • It is now possible to edit inline images with VisualEditor. Remember that inline images cannot display captions, so existing captions get removed. Many other bugs related to images were also fixed.
  • You can now add and edit {{DISPLAYTITLE}} and __DISAMBIG__ in the "Seitenoptionen" menu, rounding out the full set of page options currently planned.
  • The tool to insert special characters is now wider and simpler.

Looking ahead[Bornkood ännern]

The VisualEditor team has posted a draft of their goals for the next fiscal year. You can read them and suggest changes on

The team posts details about planned work on VisualEditor's roadmap. You will soon be able to drag-and-drop text as well as images. If you drag an image to a new place, it won't let you place it in the middle of a paragraph. All dialog boxes and windows will be simplified based on user testing and feedback. The VisualEditor team plans to add autofill features for citations. Your ideas about making referencing quick and easy are still wanted. Support for upright image sizes is being developed. The designers are also working on support for viewing and editing hidden HTML comments and adding rows and columns to tables.

Supporting your wiki[Bornkood ännern]

Please read VisualEditor/Citation tool for information on configuring the new citation template menu, labeled "⧼visualeditor-toolbar-cite-label⧽". This menu will not appear unless it has been configured on your wiki.

If you speak a language other than English, we need your help with translating the user guide. The guide is out of date or incomplete for many languages, and what's on your wiki may not be the most recent translation. Please contact us if you need help getting started with translation work on

VisualEditor can be made available to most non-Wikipedia projects. If your community would like to test VisualEditor, please contact product manager James Forrester or file an enhancement request in Bugzilla.

Please share your questions, suggestions, or problems by posting a note at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback or by joining the office hours on Saturday, 19 July 2014 at 21:00 UTC (daytime for the Americas and Pacific Islands) or on Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 9:00 UTC (daytime for Europe, Middle East, Asia).

If you'd like to get this newsletter on your own page (about once a month), please subscribe at Meta (or at w:en:Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Newsletter for English Wikipedia only). Thank you! --Elitre (WMF), 00:33, 26. Jun. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Zedler-Preis Preise[Bornkood ännern]

Moin und nochmal herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Gewinn des Zedler-Preises. Ich hoffe mal, Pokal und Urkunde sind mittlerweile in den richtigen Händen, Raboe war auf jeden Fall sehr begeistert davon, dass ihr gewonnen habt. Aber es gibt ja nicht nur den Pokal, sondern auch einen echten Preis: Ihr habt gewonnen: vier Reisestipendien zur Wikicon und - zusammen mit den Teilnehmern der alemannischen Wikipedia - eine Einladung in ein Kölner Traditionslokal. Mein Vorschlag für die Abwicklung: Ihr einigt Euch auf jemand, der hier den Überblick über die Sache hat und schaut, ob sich vier Wikicon-Teilnehmer melden. Danach schreibt ihr bis zum 1. September eine Mail an mit den Namen derjenigen, und wir kümmern uns im Ablauf um alles weitere. Bis dahin ist dann auch ein Tisch in einem Kölner Traditionslokal für Euch zusammen mit den alemannischen reserviert. -- Dirk Franke (WMDE) 13:38, 26. Jun. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Tjo, dat steiht hier nu al en ganze Tied. Wat seggt de annern denn dorto? Wüllt ji na de Wikicon hen? --::Slomox:: >< 21:34, 23. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Wanneer un woneem is denn dat överhaupt? Ik mutt seggen, ik bün ok so vun Beroops wegen al veel ünnerwegens. Ik mutt dor nich unbedingt hen. --Iwoelbern 22:31, 23. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
3. bet 5. Oktober in Köln is dat (de:Wikipedia:WikiCon 2014). --::Slomox:: >< 08:10, 24. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Is för mi nich de beste Tiet. Ik denk, dat warrt mi toveel. Ik bün dor rut… --Iwoelbern 08:38, 24. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Ick hebb kien Tiet. Eastfrisian 09:38, 24. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Ich und ein paar andere Wikipedianer von der Alemannischen Wikipedia werden dort sein (wie Dirk oben schon erwähnt hat), und ich würde mich sehr freuen, ein paar von Euch mal persönlich kennenzulernen. --Holder 17:51, 24. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Freuen würde mich das auch. Aber allmählich werden mir die Wochenenden knapp und ich bin froh, wenn ich mal nichts auf dem Plan habe. So wichtig ist mir Wiki dann eben doch nicht. --Iwoelbern 20:03, 24. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Zedler-Pries[Bornkood ännern]

Bruker:Raboe001 hett jümmer noch den Zedler-Pries bi sik stahn. Wat meent ji, wat wi dormit doon schöölt? Ik will dat Ding nich bi mi tohuus stahn hebben, dat bringt ja nix, dat hett ja keen enkelte Person wunnen, dat hebbt wi all tohoop. Mien Gedanke weer nu, dat wi dat Ding villicht an dat Institut för Nedderdüütsche Spraak in Bremen geevt. De hebbt mit uns Wikipedia ok wenig to doon, aver dor köönt dat tominnst Lüüd ankieken, de sik för dat Plattdüütsche intresseren doot. Hebbt ji annere Ideen? --::Slomox:: >< 21:34, 23. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Dat is keen verkehrte Idee. Ik wüss ok keen betere Steed, woneem de Pries beter ophoven weer… --Iwoelbern 22:43, 23. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Wenn de dat nich hemm willt, kunn dat villicht an de Ostfrees Landschap gahn. Aber dat Institut is de betere Alternative. Eastfrisian 09:39, 24. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Kleine Anmerkung: Auf der Alemannischen Wikipedia haben wir uns entschieden, den Pokal als eine Art Wanderpokal in unregelmäßigen Abständen weiterzugeben, jeder bekommt ihn mal, muss dann allerdings jeweils das nächste Treffen organisieren :-). --Holder 17:49, 24. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Will dor noch een wat to Holder sien Idee seggen? Wenn ji dat beter finnt as dat Institut, denn mientwegen ok dat. Wenn nich, denn will ik de tokamen Daag maal dat INS fragen, wat de seggt. --::Slomox:: >< 07:22, 6. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Moin. Ik bün graad nich meer so dull aktiev bi't Instituut, man heff noch Kuntakt mannigmaal un maak daar draad villicht wedder maal wat. Ik weet nich so recht, of dat Rümrieken so een gode Idee is. Ook wenn een denn villicht Naam un Adress vun een hett, is dat doch allens een beten anonyym hier un naher geit de Pokaal noch verschütt. Un annersrüm schull de Pokaal ook maal een Anstoot ween för't Instituut. Betlang is Innernett un vöör allen de Wikipedia "Neuland" för de un de hebbt betlang faken een beten slecht över de Wikipedia dacht, wieldat se noch teemlich unseriöös leet un as een nich eernst to nemen Randphänomeen för de güll. Villicht lenkt de jemeer Schirm denn ook maal een beten na de Wikipedia, maakt Warv un/or köönt daar jichtenswat bewegen. Un daar schull de Pokaal so or so as unafhängig Institutschoon op't best to lagern ween. Zylbath 14:30, 6. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Dor hest en wohr Woort seggt. Eastfrisian 18:21, 6. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Updates related to VisualEditor[Bornkood ännern]

Please help translate this message in your language. Thanks :)

Hi, everybody. This is a reminder that we invite you to discuss VisualEditor's recent development and plans ahead during the next office hours with James Forrester (Product Manager):

If you are not able to attend but have a question for James, you can leave your question at or on my talk page by the day before, and I will try to get a response. We plan to continue these monthly sessions as long as there is community interest, and to announce them through the VisualEditor global newsletter as well (please subscribe your talk page there to get the latest news about the software).

Most of the VisualEditor team will be at Wikimania in London in August! You'll be able to meet the developers during the Hackaton or at the following sessions:

WMF community liaisons will share a booth with community advocates at the Community Village and look forward to talking to you there. Thanks for your attention! --User:Elitre (WMF) 18:02, 31. Jul. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

WICHTIG: Review der Administratorenaktivität[Bornkood ännern]

Hallo. Vor kurzem wurde durch einen globalen Konsens der Community eine neue Vorgehensweise im Hinblick auf den Entzug der erweiterten Rechte (Administrator, Bürokrat etc.) beschlossen (diese Community erhielt einen Hinweis auf die laufende Diskussion). Auf der Grundlage der neuen Regeln werden die Stewards die Aktivitäten der Administratoren in kleineren Wikis einem Review unterziehen. So weit uns bekannt ist, gibt es in diesem Wiki keinen formalen Prozess für den Entzug der erweiterten Rechte bei inaktiven Accounts. Dies bedeutet, dass die Stewards dies auf der Basis des neuen Reviews der Administratorenaktivität erledigen werden.

Wir haben festgestellt, dass die folgenden Benutzer nach den festgelegten Kriterien (keine Bearbeitungen und keine Log-Einträge für mehr als zwei Jahre) als inaktiv einzustufen sind:

  1. HeikoEvermann (Administrator)
  2. TeunSpaans (Administrator)

Wir werden diesen Benutzern in der nächsten Zeit eine Nachricht zukommen lassen, in der wir sie dazu auffordern, eine öffentliche Diskussion zu eröffnen, wenn sie einige oder alle ihrer Rechte behalten möchten. Erfolgt darauf keine Antwort, werden die erweiterten Rechte von den Stewards entzogen.

Für jedes Wikimedia-Wiki besteht davon abgesehen die Möglichkeit, ein eigenes Review-Verfahren einzurichten, das das globale Verfahren auf lokaler Ebene ersetzt. Ebenso ist es möglich, völlig andere Regeln in Bezug auf inaktive Benutzer mit erweiterten Rechten festzulegen. Möglicherweise existieren bereits diesbezügliche Regeln, die wir übersehen haben. Bitte benachrichtigt in jedem Fall die Stewards auf Meta, wenn wir auf eurem Wiki nicht den globalen Review-Prozess anwenden sollen. Danke, Rschen7754 07:04, 6. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

diese Community erhielt einen Hinweis auf die laufende Diskussion Tatsächlich? Das ist mir nicht bekannt und ich konnte auf die Schnelle nichts finden. Da der RfC aber über ein Jahr alt ist, erinnere ich mich vielleicht bloß nicht. An welcher Stelle ist das denn passiert?
Wat meent de annern to dat Thema? Mi is dat eendoont. De beiden bruukt de Rechten opstunns nich, ik heff dor keen Last mit, wenn de beiden de Rechten afgeevt, aver ik will tominnt nich, dat dat von buten maakt warrt, ahn dat wi dor maal över snackt hebbt.--::Slomox:: >< 07:20, 6. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Ik heff dor ok keen Lasten mit. Wenn Lüüd nich aktiv sünd, denn bruukt se ok keen Admin-Rechten. --Iwoelbern 08:57, 6. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
You are welcome to start a local inactivity policy of your own, if you wish to do so. However, the concern with administrators who have been inactive for over two years is that they have left Wikimedia for good and will not be returning. --Rschen7754 06:34, 14. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
Am I right in assuming, that you don't speak German? If so, it would have been good to disclose this information in your original post. When you post in German on this page, we assume you speak German. I asked a question in German that went unanswered. --::Slomox:: >< 07:06, 14. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]
@diese Community erhielt einen Hinweis auf die laufende Diskussion: es gab diesen Hinweis im April 2013: Request for comment on inactive administrators. Leider kommen aber mittlerweile so viele "Hinweise" von oben [1] [2], dass man schnell die Übersicht darüber verliert, was wirklich wichtig ist ... --Holder
Ich frage mich dabei, warum überhaupt von oben interveniert wird. Es ist ja offensichtlich, dass in diesem Wiki aktiv gearbeitet wird und auch Administratoren aktiv tätig sind, die gemäß ihrer Aufgabenstellung auf einen regulären Ablauf achten. Es gibt also gar keinen Anlass, von extern in die Belange und Rechte einzugreifen. Sicherlich könnte man die Zeit der Stewards auch sinnvoller nutzen… --Iwoelbern 11:08, 14. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

VisualEditor global newsletter—July and August 2014[Bornkood ännern]


The VisualEditor team is currently working mostly to fix bugs, improve performance, reduce technical debt, and other infrastructure needs. You can find on weekly updates detailing recent work.

Screenshot of VisualEditor's link tool
Dialog boxes in VisualEditor have been re-designed to use action words instead of icons. This has increased the number of items that need to be translated. The user guide is also being updated.

The biggest visible change since the last newsletter was to the dialog boxes. The design for each dialog box and window was simplified. The most commonly needed buttons are now at the top. Based on user feedback, the buttons are now labeled with simple words (like "Cancel" or "Done") instead of potentially confusing icons (like "<" or "X"). Many of the buttons to edit links, images, and other items now also show the linked page, image name, or other useful information when you click on them.

  • Hidden HTML comments (notes visible to editors, but not to readers) can now be read, edited, inserted, and removed. A small icon (a white exclamation mark on a dot) marks the location of each comments. You can click on the icon to see the comment.
  • You can now drag and drop text and templates as well as images. A new placement line makes it much easier to see where you are dropping the item. Images can no longer be dropped into the middle of paragraphs.
  • All references and footnotes (<ref> tags) are now made through the "⧼visualeditor-toolbar-cite-label⧽" menu, including the "⧼visualeditor-dialogbutton-reference-tooltip⧽" (manual formatting) footnotes and the ability to re-use an existing citation, both of which were previously accessible only through the "Infögen" menu. The "⧼visualeditor-dialogbutton-referencelist-tooltip⧽" is still added via the "Infögen" menu.
  • When you add an image or other media file, you are now prompted to add an image caption immediately. You can also replace an image whilst keeping the original caption and other settings.
  • All tablet users visiting the mobile web version of Wikipedias will be able to opt-in to a version of VisualEditor from 14 August. You can test the new tool by choosing the beta version of the mobile view in the Settings menu.
  • The link tool has a new "Open" button that will open a linked page in another tab so you can make sure a link is the right one.
  • The "Cancel" button in the toolbar has been removed based on user testing. To cancel any edit, you can leave the page by clicking the Read tab, the back button in your browser, or closing the browser window without saving your changes.

Looking ahead[Bornkood ännern]

The team posts details about planned work on the VisualEditor roadmap. The VisualEditor team plans to add auto-fill features for citations soon. Your ideas about making referencing quick and easy are still wanted. Support for upright image sizes is being developed. The designers are also working on support for adding rows and columns to tables. Work to support Internet Explorer is ongoing.

Feedback opportunities[Bornkood ännern]

The Editing team will be making two presentations this weekend at Wikimania in London. The first is with product manager James Forrester and developer Trevor Parscal on Saturday at 16:30. The second is with developers Roan Kattouw and Trevor Parscal on Sunday at 12:30. There is a VisualEditor Translation Sprint going on during Wikimania; whether you're in London or not, any contributions are welcome!

Please share your questions, suggestions, or problems by posting a note at the VisualEditor feedback page or by joining the office hours discussion on Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 09:00 UTC (daytime for Europe, Middle East and Asia) or on Thursday, 18 September 2014 at 16:00 UTC (daytime for the Americas; evening for Europe).

If you'd like to get this newsletter on your own page (about once a month), please subscribe at w:en:Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Newsletter for English Wikipedia only or at Meta for any project. Thank you! --Elitre (WMF), 16:40, 9. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Help for translate[Bornkood ännern]

Hello and sorry for writing in English. Can anyone help me translate a small article (2 paragraphs) from English to your language and create the article in your wiki? Please, fell free to answer in my talk page in your wiki anytime. Thanks! Xaris333 03:41, 13. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Letter petitioning WMF to reverse recent decisions[Bornkood ännern]

The Wikimedia Foundation recently created a new feature, "superprotect" status. The purpose is to prevent pages from being edited by elected administrators -- but permitting WMF staff to edit them. It has been put to use in only one case: to protect the deployment of the Media Viewer software on German Wikipedia, in defiance of a clear decision of that community to disable the feature by default, unless users decide to enable it.

If you oppose these actions, please add your name to this letter. If you know non-Wikimedians who support our vision for the free sharing of knowledge, and would like to add their names to the list, please ask them to sign an identical version of the letter on

-- JurgenNL (talk) 19:35, 21. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Process ideas for software development[Bornkood ännern]

’’My apologies for writing in English.’’


I am notifying you that a brainstorming session has been started on Meta to help the Wikimedia Foundation increase and better affect community participation in software development across all wiki projects. Basically, how can you be more involved in helping to create features on Wikimedia projects? We are inviting all interested users to voice their ideas on how communities can be more involved and informed in the product development process at the Wikimedia Foundation. It would be very appreciated if you could translate this message to help inform your local communities as well.

I and the rest of my team welcome you to participate. We hope to see you on Meta.

Kind regards, -- Rdicerb (WMF) talk 00:15, 22. Aug. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

--This message was sent using MassMessage. Was there an error? Report it!

Grants to improve your project[Bornkood ännern]

Apologies for English. Please help translate this message.

Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants program is accepting proposals for funding new experiments from September 1st to 30th. Your idea could improve Wikimedia projects with a new tool or gadget, a better process to support community-building on your wiki, research on an important issue, or something else we haven't thought of yet. Whether you need $200 or $30,000 USD, Individual Engagement Grants can cover your own project development time in addition to hiring others to help you.

Change in renaming process[Bornkood ännern]

Part or all of this message may be in English. Please help translate if possible.

-- User:Keegan (WMF) (talk) 18:22, 9. Sep. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

VisualEditor available on Internet Explorer 11[Bornkood ännern]


VisualEditor will become available to users of Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 during today's regular software update. Support for some earlier versions of Internet Explorer is being worked on. If you encounter problems with VisualEditor on Internet Explorer, please contact the Editing team by leaving a message at VisualEditor/Feedback on Happy editing, Elitre (WMF) 09:29, 11. Sep. 2014 (CEST).Beantworten[antern]

PS. Please subscribe to the global monthly newsletter to receive further news about VisualEditor.

Wat vöörn Platt schall ik hier schreeven?[Bornkood ännern]

Da hebe wi nu een Wiki voor alle de Plattproters (en Plattschnacker und Plattreders). Is dat egol wat vöörn Platt ik schreev? Un as ik, as de meesten, platt 'n beten proten aver nich so good schreeven kan? Schall ik dan beter niks schreeven? Ik denk ji hebbt dat zeker wo upschrevven, aver ik harr dat nich vunnen. -- 20:09, 20. Sep. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Wieter baven steiht dorto al 'n beten wat schreven… --Iwoelbern 12:20, 21. Sep. 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

Naam veur nds, nds-nl, nds-de?[Bornkood ännern]

Moi, Ik heb op wiktionary ne kleine diskussie met Bruker:Sarcelles wat de naam veur alle platduutse/nederduutse variante tesamen zol motten waen: Wiktionary Diskussie. Nederduuts en Nedersaksies bunt gin eendudige begrippen, en mien veurstel (Vorschlag) zol waen:

  • nds-nl: Nedersaksies
  • nds-de: Platduuts
  • nds: Nederduuts (Nedderdüütsch)
  • West-Nederduuts veur nds-nl, en de westelike varianten van Platduuts, as tegenstelling veur Ooost-Nederduuts

As i'j hier n mening ovver hebt, dan gif dee op de bovven-eneumde ovverlegziede, ik geleuf dat t good is dat hier meer leu eure mening ovver geft. Droadnaegel 00:46, 11. Okt 2014 (CEST)Beantworten[antern]

VisualEditor News #8—2014[Bornkood ännern]

11:49, 13. Okt 2014 (CEST)

Meta RfCs on two new global groups[Bornkood ännern]

Hello all,

There are currently requests for comment open on meta to create two new global groups. The first is a group for members of the OTRS permissions queue, which would grant them autopatrolled rights on all wikis except those who opt-out. That proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Creation of a global OTRS-permissions user group. The second is a group for Wikimedia Commons admins and OTRS agents to view deleted file pages through the 'viewdeletedfile' right on all wikis except those who opt-out. The second proposal can be found at m:Requests for comment/Global file deletion review.

We would like to hear what you think on both proposals. Both are in English; if you wanted to translate them into your native language that would also be appreciated.

It is possible for individual projects to opt-out, so that users in those groups do not have any additional rights on those projects. To do this please start a local discussion, and if there is consensus you can request to opt-out of either or both at m:Stewards' noticeboard.

Thanks and regards, Ajraddatz (talk) 19:04, 26. Okt 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Hello, Dear wikipedians. I invite you to edit and improve this article and to add information about your and other country.--Kaiyr 13:38, 31. Okt 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

New Wikipedia Library Accounts Now Available (November 2014)[Bornkood ännern]

Apologies for writing in English, please help translate this into your local language. Hello Wikimedians!

The TWL OWL says sign up today :)

The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for:

  • DeGruyter: 1000 new accounts for English and German-language research. Sign up on one of two language Wikipedias:
  • Fold3: 100 new accounts for American history and military archives
  • Scotland's People: 100 new accounts for Scottish genealogy database
  • British Newspaper Archive: expanded by 100+ accounts for British newspapers
  • Highbeam: 100+ remaining accounts for newspaper and magazine archives
  • Questia: 100+ remaining accounts for journal and social science articles
  • JSTOR: 100+ remaining accounts for journal archives

Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team.00:19, 6. Nov. 2014 (CET)

You can host and coordinate signups for a Wikipedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact Ocaasi (WMF).
This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message to The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List.

Global AbuseFilter[Bornkood ännern]


AbuseFilter is a MediaWiki extension used to detect likely abusive behavior patterns, like pattern vandalism and spam. In 2013, Global AbuseFilters were enabled on a limited set of wikis including Meta-Wiki,, Wikispecies and (in early 2014) all the "small wikis". Recently, global abuse filters were enabled on "medium sized wikis" as well. These filters are currently managed by stewards on Meta-Wiki and have shown to be very effective in preventing mass spam attacks across Wikimedia projects. However, there is currently no policy on how the global AbuseFilters will be managed although there are proposals. There is an ongoing request for comment on policy governing the use of the global AbuseFilters. In the meantime, specific wikis can opt out of using the global AbuseFilter. These wikis can simply add a request to this list on Meta-Wiki. More details can be found on this page at Meta-Wiki. If you have any questions, feel free to ask on m:Talk:Global AbuseFilter.


PiRSquared17, Glaisher

— 18:34, 14. Nov. 2014 (CET)

VisualEditor News #9—2014[Bornkood ännern]

00:29, 15. Nov. 2014 (CET)

Vörnaams[Bornkood ännern]

Ik heff dat al fakener hatt, dat Lüüd mehr as een Vörnaam hebbt. Liekers warrt düsse Lüüd natürlich ok blots bi een Naam ropen. De aktuellste Fall is Gustav Bernhard von Heyer, de Gustav ropen worrn is. De Roopnaam mutt aver nich jümmer de eerste Vörnaam ween. Mitünner is dat ok so dat en Karl Wilhelm bi den Naam Wilhelm ropen warrt.

Ik heff dat bi Gustav Bernhard von Heyer nu so versöcht, dat ik de Vörlaag:Roopnaam anleggt heff, de den Roopnaam ünnerstrieken deit un den Text "Roopnaam" wiest, wenn een mit de Muus över den Naam rövergeiht.

Wat meent ji, geiht dat so? Oder schall ik dat lever so maken:

Gustav von Heyer (kumpletten Naam Gustav Bernhard von Heyer; * 12. August 1839...)

Oder hebbt ji noch annere Ideen, de noch beter sünd? --::Slomox:: >< 12:24, 26. Nov. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

Mit de Vörlaag geiht dat wat eleganter as wenn een dor de Klammer achteran stellt. Vun dorher harr ik seggt, dat dat so geiht. Vielleicht künn man op glieke Oort ok Naams behanneln, de an sik Ökelnaams sünd aver jüst so oder sogors noch beter bekannt sünd as de wohre Naam. So as de fröhere US-Präsident Jimmy Carter, de egentlich James Earl Carter heet un wo man in'n Artikel denn so wat as James Earl „Jimmy“ Carter rinschrieven de. --Iwoelbern 14:59, 26. Nov. 2014 (CET)Beantworten[antern]

New Wikipedia Library Accounts Now Available (December 2014)[Bornkood ännern]

Apologies for writing in English, please help translate this into your local language. Hello Wikimedians!

The TWL OWL says sign up today :)

The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for, free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials from:

Other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team.01:22, 18. Dez 2014 (CET)

You can host and coordinate signups for a Wikipedia Library branch in your own language. Please contact Ocaasi (WMF).
This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library Global Delivery List.

VisualEditor News #10—2014[Bornkood ännern]

19:59, 26. Dez 2014 (CET)