Wikipedia:WikiProject Check Wikipedia
The WikiProject Check Wikipedia will help to clean up the syntax of Wikipedia and to find some other errors. At the moment the script has some bugs and not every error displayed is an actual error.
The web interface for nds.wiki is HERE
Project description[ännern | Bornkood ännern]
What is the goal of this project?
- This project helps in cleaning up the syntax of articles and improving web accessibility.
- If we have a clear and clean syntax in all articles more projects (for example: Wikipedia-DVD) can use our data more easily.
- In order to use the data of a Wikipedia project without the MediaWiki software you need to write a parser. If many articles have a wrong syntax it'll be difficult to program the parser since it needs to be complex enough to recognize the syntax errors.
- Wikipedia is now transitioning to HTML5 and we should make an effort to follow the W3C Recommendation.
How does it work?
- The script scans every new dump and creates a list of articles with errors.
- Errors found are displayed in the web interface.
- The description of errors and their priorities are set using the translation page for nds.wiki.
- The main discussion page for the development of the script is en:Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Check Wikipedia.
What can you do?
- Use the web interface to find articles with errors.
- Take a look at the page history before editing the article.
- Fix the problems explaining your edit in the edit summary.
- Remove the fixed articles from the web interface using the "done" links.
- You can use AWB or WPCleaner to fix the errors: see this page for details.
- ...don't use unauthorized bots.
- ...don't use this tool to only perform one minor edit at a time: check and improve the whole article instead.